Brush and Floss Techniques
How to Brush:
1. For thorough but gentle cleaning, use a soft brush.
2. Outside of front teeth. Hold your brush at a 45 degree angle. Use gentle, back and forth motions. 3. Outside of back teeth using same gentle, back and forth motions. 4. Inside back teeth. Use short, angled strokes. 5. Inside front teeth, tilt the brush vertically using an up and down motion. 6. For chewing surfaces, hold the brush flat and using a scrubbing motion.
7. Don’t forget to brush you tongue!
How to floss:
1. Wind 18 inches of floss around your middle fingers.
2. Gently glide floss between teeth. 3. Get floss down between the tooth and gum, pull floss against tooth and gently move the floss up and down against the tooth. 4. As you move from tooth to tooth, use a fresh section of floss.